The main purpose of is to give an opportunity to non- ICT qualified professionals to showcase their skills. It also allows them to explain that they have an equivalent amount of skills and how they acquired those skills. These candidates can apply for ICT Skills Assessment through RPL assessment process.
Categories for RPL Assessment Application
There are two categories in which the applicants can apply for RPL ACS assessment. They are mentioned below.
- Candidates, who are qualified with a degree but do not have any content, related to ICT, should be a professional ICT employee in an organisation with a minimum of six years experience. The field of employment should be relevant to the nominated discipline ANZSCO Code.
- Candidates, who do not have any tertiary qualifications, should have an additional two years of ICT skilled employment, totally eight years of experience. However, these two years of employment does not necessarily be relevant to ANZSCO code.
Requirements RPL for ACS Project Report Form
For RPL Assessment, the candidates should submit two project reports via ACS Project Report Form. In one report, the project that is undertaken in the last three years should be mentioned and in another report, the project undertaken in the last five years. The various parameters for RPL for ACS, which should be considered for ACS Skill Assessment are mentioned below.
- The topologies of the network with size and installed secure facilities
- The various techniques followed during quality assurance and project management
- The contribution of the candidate to the processes of design and implementation
- The methodologies used in system analysis and design
- The different techniques used in Database and file design and management
- The programming languages used and various procedures adopted for design paradigms
- The implementation of internet application design and security measures
- The managerial activities in ICT that should give details about the nature of responsibilities